14 March 2007

GRRRR: Twatplates and the twatting twats that own them


Bad Plate CAROL, originally uploaded by dvlh8.

Twatplates are car number plates where the owners have shuffled around the numbers and letters, perhaps add a bolt here or there, perhaps changed the font... whatever... VIZ's Roger's Profanisaurus christened them Twatplates.

My problem with them is that they defeat the purpose of car number plates, that is unique and easy identification of different vehicles.

My problem with the twatplaters is their sheer arrogance in disregarding the law just so they can have their name on their car. "Here's this law, it's a good law, it's egalitarian, it's for a reason - nah I'll get a number plate that's a little bit like my name and squidge the letters and numbers about so everyone knows who I am."

There's been an explosion of these in recent times, whether due to easier plate-making methods and the people that make them stopping caring - or an exponential rise in number of twats that seem to be around.

The governement and police de-regulated parking controls, meaning that it's now impossible to park without a warden sniffing round for a slight infingement, but these guys have no interest (or instructions, or bonuses) in enforcing other motoring regulations.

It's you've got enough money to get a twatplate and you do, you've got more money than sense. If you haven't and you'd like one, you still have - if you see what I mean.

Twatplates flickr group - shaming twats since 2006

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha this made me laugh, it was actually me who coined the term "twatplate" and submitted it to the Viz Profanisaurus years ago... I was inspired by a Fiat Punti I saw with a mangled number plate on it P11 NTO